Saturday, September 18, 2010

Nourishing Traditions

I am usually a little late on the bandwagon. I don't always hear about things when I should. And even when I do hear about something I can be frightfully stubborn. But finally I got with it and bought Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon.

Well, I might as well stop blogging, because she pretty much has it all organized for you by nutrient, story in hand. And she has a multitude of recipes that are in line with her traditional real food recipes. Really it is an epic work, well documented and easy to understand. She explains the differences between different fats and how carbohydrates are metabolized by the body. Now I am not currently interpreting her message as 'anti-nutritionism' but more like the modern nutritionists are interpreting the data wrong. But I think her ideas are ones that have merit in that before I read her book I had come to basically the same conclusion through eating food, living life and reading related articles on the Internet.

Now before you think this is going to be a full fledged book review, I haven't finished it. I scored tickets to see Vampire Weekend at Radio City Music Hall this week and that took up basically the only non blogging night I had (not to mention that I missed out on so much sleep that I passed up the following night at 9pm). And it's not like I was going to pass up the chance to spend an evening with those boys. If you waited until I actually finished reading the entire book, I would REALLY look behind the times!

So since you have probably read it, kudos to you for being in the know. And if you don't know about it, well here is a link to Barnes and Noble. The online price is over $9 off the full price. Go and buy this book today. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment