Wednesday, July 28, 2010

CSA Dinner: Salmon with Fennel and Onion in Cream


This is not a hilarious dinner, it actually came out so well that DH was raving as we ended dinner! The kids did not repeat their previous performance with the salmon, but they ate enough they won't wake up early from hunger, thank God! Please try this recipe, it is amazing. It is also "weeknight easy" and the only fennel recipe that I haven't screwed up in my whole life.
I also implore you to embrace fat-real fat like from cream and olive oil and salmon and avacados. It holds an important place in our diets. As I have cut out Pringles and muffins and Town House crackers, etc I am finding that I have room in my diet for delicious things like cream and butter without consuming so much fat that I gain weight.....oh how wonderful that is.

Salmon with Fennel and Onion in Cream
In a saute pan with a lid, placed 1 chopped onion and 1 bulb of chopped fennel, spread evenly around the pan. Sprinkle 5-6 fresh basil leaves on the veggies. Pour cream over the top, enough so that the veggies look like they are well taken care of, but not drowning in cream. Place a 1 pound filet of wild salmon (FYI-the farmed ones all eat corn feed) on top of the veggies and cream. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the lid on and bake in a 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or whenever the fennel is done. Serve over brown rice and do not waste one drop of cream. Get out a spoon if you must.

No comments:

Post a Comment