Wednesday, July 28, 2010

CSA Week 8


My camera is on it's last legs. It has a day where it works fine and then a day where I can't get it to focus. It is so sad. I apologize about the blurry pictures. I am not sure when we will be able to get a proper camera.
Today from the CSA we got a true haul. We received 5 ears of corn, 2 peppers, a bunch of beets (anyone want to just take these off my hands), 3 zucchinis, 2 onions-like good size guys, a fennel bulb, a head of cabbage (score), 2 tomatoes and 17 peaches. I am so psyched.
Every year I have a handful of favorite recipes that I make with our CSA vegetables. This year I would like to expand our horizons and try some new things. I have some ideas with this haul of veg, but I don't want to spoil them because they might come out really good and be a delightful thing to post about or they might come out really bad and be a hilarious thing to post about. I just wish I was hungry, I would get cracking now...
This evening was a really lovely because DH picked up the veg for me and it was waiting for me when I got home. It had been a really crazy day at the office and DH went out with friends leaving me with everything. But the kids were angels and ate everything up off their plates. And we all settled down for dessert, all three of us eating chunks of blush colored peaches with the juice dripping down our hands. Occasionally the baby would squeal to remind me to give him more and Thing 1 kept asking for more and telling me "These are really good peaches, I like peaches."

No comments:

Post a Comment